Next update of InputStickUtility application will come with optional 0.98D firmware. This optional update will allow you to test new features: touch screen and raw HID interfaces.
How to update to 0.98D firmware:
- make sure you have InputStickUtility v1.49 (will be released in about a day),
- run app → My Devices → select your InputStick device → click on more (dots icon) → Firmware Upgrade,
- InputStickUtility cannot tell if your device is using 0.98 or newer version (0,98B etc.) so it will display dialog informing that you are already using the most recent firmware version. Select Yes option,
- select v0.98D → Flash.
Touch screen interface:
by emulating touch screen it allows to move mouse (touch) pointer to a desired point on the screen. The point is specified by X and Y coordinates, each in range of 0 - 10000, where 10000 is 100% of vertical or horizontal resolution. Example: 5000, 5000 always moves pointer to the center of the screen.
What makes it different from USB mouse interface, is the fact that the coordinates are absolute, so you can always be sure that pointer will be moved to the same point of the screen, no matter what was the initial position of the mouse pointer. This makes touch screen interface better choice for macros, while USB mouse interface feels more natural (similar to touchpad) for controlling mouse pointer in real time.
Next update of USB Remote application will add support for touch screen interface (all mousepad areas and macros). Touch screen interface was tested and works properly on: Windows 7 and up, Linux Mint, OS X (10.12). Does not work when Android OS is used as USB host.
Raw HID interface:
allows for two-way communication with USB host by sending and receiving 64 bytes packets via USB HID reports. Requires no drivers and is supported on Windows, Linux and OS X. For more information about raw HID, examples and source code, please visit PJRC raw HID webpage.
Important: raw HID interface is not enabled in default configuration! Raw HID replaces consumer control (multimedia keys), gamepad and touch screen interfaces!
How to enable raw HID interface:
- make sure you have InputStickUtility v1.49,
- run app → my devices → select your InputStick device → configuration (padlock icon),
- if your device is not password protected unplug it and plug it again now,
- Connect → USB Config → Select "Keyboard, Mouse, Raw HID..." option → (optionally modify USB VID and PID, see tip below) → Set configuration.
Tip: if you want to use demo applications from PJRC website without and software modifications, in USB Config step, select "Show advanced" and modify values for USB VID and PID to: 16C0 and 0480 respectively. This will make InputStick pretend to be Teensy board.
What's new in latest InputStickAPI update:
- supports touch screen interface (com.inputstick.api.basic.InputStickTouchScreen),
- supports raw HID interface (com.inputstick.api.basic.InputStickRawHID), to receive raw HID packets you must implement InputStickRawHIDListener,
- added Greek (el-GR) and Belgian (fr-BE) keyboard layouts.